Thursday, January 1, 2015

Red Herring (episode 458)

Wow.
That's all I can say.
I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire episode! It was interesting, mysterious, and kept the audience glued (I know I was).
After hearing Opportunity Knocks, we all knew that this new story arc was beginning, but I was wondering if it was going to be interesting like the Dr. Blackgaard one. After hearing this episode, every doubt in my mind has been cleared.
There was one thing I was wondering about the episode though. What did this have to do with Novacom, the company we were introduced to in last episode? They weren't even mentioned once. My only guess is: maybe this is a subplot within this story arc. Or it could be the other way around: this is the big plot, but the sub plot is about the company Novacom that was mentioned last episode. Or possibly they connect in someway. Maybe Arthur Dent is this guy "Arem". (Just a guess)
Also there was that lady who fixed the phone lines. Who is she? Or is she even important to other events that are to come? She could also be Arem. I guess we will see.

I think Cal Jordan and Alex Jefferson fit well for the 2 kid characters in this episode. I actually at first thought Alex would be the naughty one wanting to talk to "Arem" on his moms computer instead of Cal. But it was Cal as the naughty one and Alex as the good one.
Now that I'm talking about Alex and Cal, they saw Eugene at the college during this episode. We haven't really heard from Eugene lately (since I slap floor I think...) but I'm glad he's in this one although we don't hear his voice. I wonder if they are going to try and kill Eugene off through this radio wave study thing. Like maybe he will be too busy to be around and then they will say something like "they had an explosion during the study and he died..." Ok maybe not like that, but I think they are trying to kill him off. So now about the radio wave study, I wonder what it is and how it connects to all this. Maybe it's a third subplot. Or maybe it relates to Novacom. Since we don't know a lot yet, I'm not going to make too many assumptions.
The most surprising thing in the episode probably was when the modem was found in Whit's office. But I guess it was inevitable, all roads lead to Whits' End in the town of Odyssey.
All in all, this episode was suspenseful and a definite thriller. This story arc only got started and I know there's more to come!
I give this episode a thumbs up (or even 2 thumbs up!) 👍👍

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews